Monday, September 25, 2006

The week begins..........

Another week of development work begins, as I try to optimize spare home time, to allow MCA studies, reading, writing, and PC games, etc etc....
On Sunday went to dombivli to see a Marathi movie: Shubh Mangala Savadhaan
Nice movie, but in the concluding parts becomes a tear-jerker.
The core theme of the movie is modern v/s traditional values.
According to me, people should understand that both the western and Indian traditions have their pros and cons. So all that people should try to do is pick what is best for them, and leave everything else.
Think for yourself, what suits you better, in terms of benefit.
Don’t get carried away, either by western flashing techniques or by patriotic jingoism.
Basically, try to get both of best worlds, as long as it lasts, because in the end, we should never forget we all are humans.
Humans with one brain, two eyes, etc, etc.
So these cultural differences are superficial.

The train journey from kalva to dombivli is a very eye-pleasing.
If you can ignore a bit of industrial waste here and there, you can feast over the greenery in and around the mumbra hills....

In terms of workplace news:
Our cool sir invited everyone for the sankalp garba (mumbai folks know about it). But I had to say no,
Because I had already made plans to meet a good old friend of mine, whom I haven't seen since two years.


Bhajan’s sung inside train compartments are a weird experience in a good way.
I love them, for a while you are transported to another place.
Forgetting the sweat/dust/crowd, people sing songs of lord’s glory, wiping away all stress and tension that surrounds their lives.


That also brings me to another point, I like idling at temples.
As I sit there in peaceful environs of a temple, trying to make a spiritual connection with almighty. It relieves me of all the stress in the world.

When I used to wait for NIIT lectures to begin, I had frequently used the thane reservation center for studying.
Now don’t be shocked, that chaotic place, in a very very weird way, never disturbed me, as I sat there reading the Euler’s Theorem or Black Box testing.


My eye-lids are feeling heavier every passing second, signaling the arrival of heavy sleep. So that is all for now….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mumbai all the way!...
I don't know much about Sankalp garba, but have been hearing it on FM Radio for the past few days.

Train Life ...:)

Reading your blog is really a great fuN! Keep blogging