Sunday, January 14, 2007

My bicycle....hercules cannon barrel

a few notes .... about my bicycle...
more about it soon...
My first was a 2nd hand..roadster cycle with those screeching support

wheels.....way back in 4th standard....got hercules cannon barrel...when

I was in 7th standard....it was a new bike back then..with its fat frame

etc...many kids in my school used to ask for a ride....and I used to give

it to most of them.....racing on it was fun....my bike was a hit in terms of

looks for a long time...till the arrival of trailblazer and top gear!!
I still ride it..and prefer it for some errands(esp. crowded markets) over

my bike....though its a MTB....I love riding it on highways....I am

considering putting some gear system on it.....and the best feeling is to

beat slow vehicles on the road with my 0bhp bike.....but I can never

forget this guy on a race bike....those with thin tyres and works....I

overtook him once..and that was it..he raced ahead(he has gears! )..I

was barely able to keep pace......I had to give up....there was no

point.....

----
On some day in July ....maybe it was august 2006....I was coming home

from a fast and wet ride on my herculeus canon barrel....I entered my

housing complex....didnt feel like going home...so decided to ride

around in my complex.....and while riding near a section of my

complex...I slipped.....thanks to the moss-laden cemented

surface...luckily my wrist left the handle quickly or else I would have

broken my wrists.....I got up....found nothing broken/torn....my cycle

looked fine....again was about to slip....couldn't get any traction...but

somehow managed get out of there....now that is where my stupidity ran

sky high...I got overconfident...come on...I have 9 yrs of experience

riding cycles and I have never slipped....so why is this surface so

special...I think I had shut down my brain at that time..so went through

that route again.....and no miracles here....I slipped again and this

time....I think I twisted my shoulder a bit too much while slipping...and

the handle got twisted too....anyway I came home......

------

No comments: