Monday, June 21, 2010

footie crazy .. goals galore




                                                               gooooooaaaaallllllll  

not one!!! but seven..

In my last post I said, Portugal were disappointing and so were Ivory Coast. Well, Portugal have erased all that with their performance. hats off to them.

C. Ronaldo as a player is very talented, but his attitude and play-acting do irritate me. And being Arsenal fan I have very few reasons to like him, other than for his football skills. But lets not get there, the point is it wasn't just one man show, and Portugal played well as a team. 

I am not sure I would rate them as Final candidates, but they surely can't be ignored. The reason is they had one good match, but so did Germany. 

So lets hope they don't crumble against Brazil. A spectacular win can lift confidence, and a team on confidence is unbeatable, as long as they don't get complacent. 

So will I add Portugal in my world cup favorite's list? No! not right now. 

For now its still Argentina/Holland/Germany/Spain. Yeah I shuffled it, according to their performances. 

And what to say about the fighters and underdogs. Lots of them in this edition of world cup. Low-hyped or Underdogs: - Uruguay, Mexico, Paraguay, Chile, Netherlands, Denmark, Portugal

Fighters: - Greece, Swiss, USA, Serbia, Slovenia, Ghana, Japan, New Zealand, Australia

2 comments:

Rajlakshmi said...

football!!! nahiiiiii has never interested me...

causticji said...

Whatever happens in the Brazil-Portugal match, we are assured of a sizzling set of PQFs between the qualifiers from Groups G & H. That is, unless, an excessively defensive Switzerland plays spoilsport.

All the best for your teams. One of them is mine too :D