Saturday, March 31, 2007

Some of my experiences on my bike Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSI UG3

*>Wet roads freak me out!
I have managed to slide on wet roads thrice>
twice on my bicycle(hercules Canon Barrel)
and once .........

*>There are times, when heavy traffic roads have space for bikes on the left side,
and when a rickshaw ends up blocking such spaces, it irritates me immensly, i.e. of course if
I overlook their habit of sverving/turning without showing any signs.

*>Sometimes I forget to turn the petrol knob on!

*>When I get bored on long rides, I sing some songs(of course I have helmet on!)

*>While riding pillion, I have habit of thinking of all the mistakes the rider is making while riding.

*>On night rides, I use the horn and pass switch together to create a audio-visual symphony,
so next time you see a honking blue pulsar 180 UG3 with a blinking headlight, it could be me.

*>My pulsar's headlight sucks! And having no bajaj service center close by, sucks even more.

*>A simple rule of using both brakes(front and rear) that I always remembered except once.
I was riding at a speed of approx. 10kmph,
mom was riding pillion, a utility rickshaw was in front of me,
it braked suddenly, I did the same, but use only the front discs,
front wheel locked, bike slid forth,
i jerked the handle to avoid head-on collision, escaped with a sligth scratch on mud-guard and headlight glass.he he he!!!

*>Hard braking while coming down flyovers can lead to wheel lockups(I have been lucky to avoid them)

*>Many office going bike/scooter riders...drag their feet...a lot.... while riding slow...for quite a distance...

*>I am still not good at leaning the bike during left corners as compared to right corners

*> found out from a bike magazine this interesting fact..
that my pulsar 180 has the best 0-60 aceeleration after karizma....better then Pulsar-200..Pulsar-220...I am loving it!!!!

*>Sometimes, on short trips on highways, I purposely ride slow, at speeds of about 40-50 kmph, so that the road doesn't end quickly, so as to enjoy the ride for a longer time.

*>Thats all for now......

2 comments:

Payeng said...

Hi..

I am Satadal Payeng (Author of The Bike Chronicles of India )

Picked up the url you left at my blog.. I have seen your comments before on rearset's blog.

Its always a pleasure to meet another biker.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sanket,

Nice to find you from the natural search. Sanket, I have a site where i write about small scale business, enterpreneur tips, start up business ideas and many more.

if you can link to my site from your site then it will be really great.

Use this text, if you want to link me.

Find helpful small scale business articles at Quotes Treasury. QT talks about small business, enterpreneur tips, start up business ideas and many more.

From
Sanket Nayak