Sunday, August 03, 2008

“When I fell in love”

People say when they fell in love they felt this and that, I have no qualms with that, but is that the only love that can make somebody happy. Why is that many times, people say, there is no love in their life. When all that they are saying is that they don’t have a marriage culminating relationship. Why is the word “love” specialized, when it can be easily generalized? If love is generalized, you will be happier. If you include, everything into love, your outlook towards life would change for good. If I am walking in circles, I will let you know what exactly is on my mind. Let’s take my example. I am not much good at showing my love in spoken words. But I love my family. And this love bubbles up, when they are proud of my job which is two years old. And their love is shown by their sacrifices and putting up with my careless and stupid behavior. That is love, love which exists in spite of the fact that I don’t agree with most of their thoughts. Same goes for my super-sister, we argue with fire, but love and care shines through as we never remember the fights we had, we just put it behind. Then there are friends who too have to put up with my non-sense and still there is love. My absence means many plans get cancelled. Tell them to help me out and they do it without complaint. Such is the bond, that its strength is intact in presence of varied backgrounds/personalities and quirks which define us. We stick together by a common glue of love. Love is like pickle/wine, something which tastes better as it gets older. How can I forget my love for my job, loving the work I do everyday at office, the challenge, responsibilities and pressure I love it all. And running in close is my love for traveling/roaming/riding my bike. Love for cinema in general, and being a lover of music. But this doesn’t mean my life is a bed of roses, with no thorns in it. There are times when it’s hard to smile. There are times when the ability of my eyes to hold back tears is tested. In such times, there are lovely memories come by to dry up any trace of tears. And in such times, it is extremely criminal to think that there is no love in my life because of absence of marriage culminating relationship. But then if it does happen, I am all ready for a new chapter in my life. Well I don’t know if I was on target or I am still not making any sense. But the situation is that my pen is just gliding on this paper as my brain tries to concretize my thoughts. To sum up my motto of my life – Keep doing the job you are here to do. Look at the bright side of any bad/sad thing and cherish the sweet memories. And lastly the only thing that remains to be answered is does a love relationship be considered worthy of compromises/complications. A mystery indeed.

6 comments:

Tasha said...

Even before I met Amey I had love in my life. I love birds, animals, books, family n all my friends. In short what I mean to say is I agree with you!!! :)

Sameeta Kambli said...

Amazing point, is true love exists in my life love as you said in the form of a wonderful family and you :)
yeah its true, how much ever you irritate me, i can't stop loving you.
Thank you for being a part of my life's journey, be there always, whether i need you or not!

sanket kambli said...

again thanks for all comments..its good to see people agree with my ideas...which I used to think were stupid

Radhika Mohandas said...

i quite agree with your concept of love. It does have too many facets, but because of such needless stereotyping, we find it slotted into the romantic version.
I loved the term 'marriage-culminating relationship'. may I use it in some of my posts?

sanket kambli said...

@Hellbound yeah!! sure!! why not!!

Chandrika Shubham said...

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful and innovative definition of love. :)