Sunday, March 07, 2010

Statistics !!

HT-CFORE survey found out the following things. It was a survey of middle- and upper-middle class men who have grown up in Mumbai. Each question was posed to 500 men in the relevant age groups. Here are two questions from the survey.

Would you marry someone who is better educated or earns much more? 

Yes=83% No=17%

I think the reason for high percentage of "yes" could be financial security. At least for me it is. So mine would have been "yes" too.

Would you marry a woman who can't cook or won't cook?

Yes=46% No=54%

This is tricky, since it is nearly 50-50, most men don't usually cook. They may cook sometime, but those living with families don't, so the result. Even I may side with the 54% group.

Still makes me wonder, whether I may change my opinion at the decisive moment. What if I fall in love with someone who is perfect on all counts, but can't cook. Ahem! Food for thought for later (pun!!)


1 comment:

causticji said...

As much as I'd like to side with the 46% (taking into account, among other things, what you said about finding the a perfect match who can't cook), I think I'm going to go with the 54% :P