Saturday, April 10, 2010

Prince movie review



Watched "Prince".

Enjoyed making fun of stupid scenes.

A couple of smart scenes were applauded.

Plot is not intelligent and too mashed up.

Dialogues were cheesy not one memorable

There is 5% thrill, even though the special effects are top quality (bollywood standards).

Sound effects were excellent too, but movie had unnecessary songs and that irritating singer loved by everyone called Atif Aslam

But action scenes were bland. It was as if they all were trying too hard to be cool. And ended up looking dumb.

Aruna Shields was only eye candy in spite of the movie starring two other actresses, the reason is she acted better than both. 

Vivek Oberoi was disappointing, I expected more from him, looking at his performance in "Shootout at Lokhandwala", "Company", "Dum", "Saathiya", "Yuva" , "Mission Istanbul" it was a valid request.  Alas he was suffering from the same "I have to look cool" syndrome as everyone in the movie. 

Prince is a "campy" or "Cheesy" movies.

The makers of the movie tried too hard, they should have watched 16th December, not the best, but at least it had decent plot in the 1st half. And also they can learn from "Blue" for action sequences. Action sequences isn't about slow motion, its about thrilling people.

Mind you thriller doesn't mean you add stupid twists.

It is only appealing (to me) because of its bad taste and ironic value.

I still think, "Tashan" is my favorite cheesy film of recent time, even "Race" was better than "Prince" according to me, maybe because of Anil Kapoor. 

Its fine, if you miss it in theaters, but watch it on TV, if you are curious. 

3 comments:

Shriti said...

I was about to go for the movie but I went out of station xP
And my friends hv seen the movie..
and I want to but I dont want to go alone X(

Rajlakshmi said...

heard that it isnt worth watching... maybe I will grab a DVD

causticji said...

Vivek (I'm not sure if that's how he spells his name these days) is quite good alright, but his choice of films is quite debatable. This one, I did not risk. And going by what you said here, I am not going to either.