Wednesday, August 04, 2010

when are you marrying


I see them everywhere
they are called happily married
together they find happiness
separated they are lonely
it scares me to the bone
I never knew I was paranoid
when people ask me many times
when are you tying the knot
I wonder if they seek my smile
or want to join them in pain
as they realized the bindings
of a clichéd heavenly match
for me its not a matter of hate
maybe it can be termed as fear
of being ruled by a tyrant
it may seem I am demonizing
a nice prospective bride
but once crowned wife
she will be lord of my life
laying down rules day-to-day
list of chores that overflows
sharing sovereign couch
conceding TV remote
and then watch in horror
as dark days descend on me
and filled with sarcasm
will run around asking
my friends when they marrying



p.s. All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental

7 comments:

Tys on Ice said...

like i said earlier...misery loves company..

iam not a great believer of marraige , luckily for me, neither is my wife...once u get over this whole marraige induced so called roles and see it for what it meant for, things work out pretty fine...but go in there with some preconcieved notion of fixed roles and expectations, u r by and large setting urself up for some amount of disappointment...its more of a companionship, a lot of friendship, a bit of parenting each other, some amount of fights to understand each other...its not that bad...

iam kinda okay with the whole thing..but then i guess its becoz of the person iam with...it wudnt have been any different if we were just living in together...

man...i think i just blogged on ur comment column. (damn, doesnt that sound as if i peed in ur closet or something?)

sanket kambli said...

hey !its fine if you blog in my comment column as the column is for ur comments/feedback so there is no limit to what you can put..

sanket kambli said...

and yeah I hope I am as lucky as you to get a understanding companion

Payeng said...

"p.s. All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental"

Somehow I don't believe that. :-)

Tys on Ice said...

@sanks : I dont know abt luck..its more of dealing with whats been served in ur plate.. :) ... a great sense of humour and a thick skin will help..

Ankita said...

hiii

hahaha!

nice :P

niyati said...

Loved it like anything!!
When life serves you with the best, you have equally expensive prices to pay...!!
But then you have equally worthy luxuries as well... Apparently, Its a simple give and take thing; but deep down its much beyond that.

The more you move on, the more you learn, experience and enrich yourself; but fear is born when you cease to do so and that is where you need strength!!
Strength not to move on; but to teach your over-pampered heart, which was hurt once - that someday, the sand clock will have to invert :)

Lovely one buddy!! Waiting for the next one.. :)

Love,
niyati :)