Tuesday, June 23, 2009

rains .. terror. .. etc


Rains are playing hide and seek, and thats why no consistent rainfall. So its not much fun to stand under umbrella and eat coal heated corn cobs, sprinkled with salt and masala.
-------------
Month of july is full of blockbuster movies, and I will have to save a lot of cash to be able to watch all of them. But I am going to make sure that I don't miss; Terminator 4, Transformers 2, and Harry Potter 6, simply for the reason that these movies are more fun to watch on big screen than on television. So lets see if I am able to watch all the three movies. 
-------------
My dislike for these terrorists continues to grow, these so called rebels in the grab of maoist fighting for peasant rights just kill people. A revolution that started with good intentions (Naxalbari) has turned into a violent war, where I don't see peasants benefitting. So lets hope this situation is resolved in a more peaceful manner, however unlikely.
-------------
Maybe it is the adrenaline rush. But when I run to catch a train, I love it, more so at Thane station. Usually when I see for afar CST train approaching, I start sprint towards platform no.4 or 6. The rush that one gets after catching the train is a welcome change from the boring routine of a working guy. It cannot replace the exciting  adventure sports like sky-diving, but are a cheap and safe substitute. With rains making it difficult for me to ride my bike to office, I cannot get a high that comes with riding a bike, as I have to use public transport. The biggest reason for not riding my bike in rain is that, when it rains I can't keep the visor of helmet down, as visibility is low due to splashing rain drops. And if I keep the visor up, my spectacles will get splashed, so again reducing visibility. To add to my troubles the fear of skidding is always present. And there is the worse case scenario of flooding. If I am stuck somewhere, I can find my way out by walking/climbing etc., but if I am stuck with my bike it complicates things. So together with these all problems and the fear of bike suddenly refusing to start, I avoid riding to work in rainy season.
 -------------





--
Regards
   (¸.·'´(`'·.¸(`'·.¸* ¤ *¸.·'´)¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
  «´¨`·..¤Sanket Kambli¤..·´¨`»
   (¸.·'´(¸.·'´(¸.·'´* ¤ *`'·.¸)`'·.¸)¸.·'´)
Software Engineer/Writer/Poet/Biker/Photographer/Traveler
to know more about me>http://sankoobaba.blogspot.com/
to read my simple poems>http://www.xanga.com/voidskam
to read my abstract poems>http://thunderskam.blogspot.com/
-----------------------------------
"I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates.
Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject."

1 comment:

causticji said...

Yes, it did start off with noble intentions and yes, it has gone awry, especially since funding is required. But then, again, the peasants are not benefiting either way are they? The administrators, the media and the people on the talk shows and televised forums don't give a crap about those poor folk, and unlike the revolutionaries, are not even in touch with them on a regular basis, only bothering to comment when the situation makes the front page.

In short, branding them terrorists is just a continuation of shirking responsibilities.

Oh, and good choice with the public transport during rains . Yes, it feels awesome to just about catch a train after running like crazy!