Sunday, March 14, 2010

Movie Time


Alice in Wonderland:-

A good fantasy movie with good script, funny moments, typical good ending.

Johnny Depp and Helena B. Carter were stunning while others in the cast were perfect.

Effects were smooth and excellent and 3-D bits were subtle and not over-the-top or forced (don't expect Avatar).

Music was apt throughout. 

Not too many faults, very enjoyable if you don't hate fantasy movies.

p.s. I don't how much faithful it is to the original story, as I haven't read it.

-------------

Avatar :-

Well not much to say. I watched Avatar in 3-D at IMAX again. And loved it a lot. I still think it should have won Oscar for Best Picture. Because its not a movie its a phenomenon, an experience. I believe, you can make movies like "Hurt Locker" (I haven't seen it) again, but a movie like Avatar is rare. So.

--------------

Also watched two movies on TV.

K-PAX :-

very good in the weird movies category, very thrilling and brilliant acting by Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges.. watched it twice... good dialogues and unusual ending...a kind of "I won't blink so that I don't miss anything." 

Mr. Brooks:-

a good serial killer movie to start with, the last half could have been better but acting was spot on, and so was the script otherwise. Still "American Psycho" staring Christian Bale was better than this. 

-------------

5 comments:

Tys on Ice said...

i have read the book American Psycho...is it the same thing? If it is I wanna watch it...

sanket kambli said...

@Tys on Ice
i havent read the book..but yes it is based on the same book..

Tasha said...

I'm dying to watch Alice in Wonderland now! And I agree with you about Avatar...even a 100 superlatives are not enough to praise the film.

sanket kambli said...

@Tasha
I feel like watching "Alice in..." again in 2-D or 3-D I am curious to know if I missed anything..same reason why I watched avatar again.

causticji said...

Loved Alice. In 3D. Do remember watching the cartoon when I was young - very sketchy, the memory.

Will reserve my comment about Avatar.

Those other ones that you've mentioned shall get added to my download queue!