Monday, March 15, 2010

Weird post that sees me rambling on and on!!

Its not always that the topic of a blog post begins from comments section of another blog (blog of my wonderful friend Tasha). And of course this isn't the case, but maybe it is to some extent. Anyway, I should shed this style of confused stupid writing before I lose more readers.

But its not easy, when friends( 3 to be precise)  with whom you studied at college for 3 yrs and after graduating, worked at the same company for almost 4 yrs, suddenly move on to different companies. The attachment levels of 6-7 years is a bit too much. Of course, I don't cry as I don't generate tears anymore. The sorrow does manifest in different forms, some of them leading to variety of emotions that seem out of place in the head of a so-called mature 24 year old. 

So lets not talk about these thoughts too much, as giving importance to useless things, is akin to  promoting them. Still its not easy to hide the fact that I am going to miss these guys. Of course we will meet, for movies, for trips etc, etc. But for how long, a few years, then they will get married, and then their dear wives will eat up into any remnant time left for old friends. I have seen some of my friends go from "single" to "committed" that never have time for old friends. 

All this self depreciating talk may seem doom-gloom but for me it is funny, as I am no better friend anyway. As I think same thing may happen to me after I get married, as I already imagine marriage to be another 6-9 job, more like "work from home".

You can clearly  emotions have very much messed up with my brain. Also, since it is know fact that I tend to,  lose things that I love a lot, makes me a bit apprehensive about being too attached to anything, be it person or a thing. 

And all this pessimist talk comes from a guy who is really optimistic about all other facets of his life and cheerful about the whole world in general. This is highly irregular, but I know with time the cracks in my brain will be patched up again, and I will be my cheerful self, writing short/sweet posts about general things, instead of rambling on like a first grade lunatic, in need of dire psychological counseling. 

Adios! 

1 comment:

causticji said...

Look at it this way - if those 3 guys think of u in the same way, then it's totally worth it. Not easy to have even 1 really close friend - next to impossible to have 3. :)