Sunday, June 05, 2011

I am not saying it

I believed in love and its power in any form except the one between man and woman (marriage,etc). Things have changed though and slowly my hatred for that kind of love is reducing. Still it has got a long way to go for me to become a romantic.

No, I haven't fallen in love. But somehow time has worked its wonders I guess.

--------

But then wonders are something I wanted to see after going to Chennai and I was disappointed. Recently I was on a trip down south. First got down at Begumpet in Andhra. Then after roaming around in boiling heat, headed towards Narsaraopet. It was no better and heat continued to suck out water from out body. After attending a friends wedding, we moved to Tirupati which was much cooler place to be, and a very clean and good religious destination. From there on, we had to catch a flight from Chennai to Mumbai, and we had about 8 hours to kill before getting to the airport. The climate of chennai was a welcome change from energy sapping dry heat of Andhra, as humidity is more tolerable for someone coming from Mumbai. But Chennai visit ended up being waste as Guindy National Park was closed on Tuesday and Marina Beach was too far from Airport also it was the same day Jayalalitha landed at Chennari airport. But overall the trip was good, except the food. Its all rice, and rice and more rice. Coming from a konkan family we are also rice eaters, but I am an exception. I eat rice only nominally due to it being part of a balanced diet. Even though I love many food items made of rice, be it dosa or biryani. I can't tolerate too much of rice. And so I had rice-mares for two nights after returning back from trip down under. I used to dream of being forced to eat plates full of kilos of rice.

---


---


Ok, I better stop cribbing as it is raining now, and it is time to haggle friends to come with me for a trek in the greens!

2 comments:

Shriti said...

love is in the air~~ :P

nice post ^_^

P.S. you are tagged in my blog ^_^ <3

Irfanuddin said...

and you know... i really enjoy having food in chennai, when its served the rice is always surrounded by so many small balls containing colorful liquids..its so confusing from which to start....